Friday, March 24, 2017

Does Your Constant Aggression Piss You Off? Here are 6 Techniques to Help You Kill Your Aggressive Tendencies

By:
Cole Tankersley, Tyler Muntz, and Benjamin Cowgill

  1. Believing in Free Will


68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f543534392d4f39686667666d41673d3d2d3232393334303636302e313433396133666334336465313339312e676966.gif


Do you think you choose your actions, or do you believe they are predetermined? Roy F. Baumeister and E. J. Masicampo, of Florida State University, conducted a research study that suggests if one believes in the power of free will, then they will be more likely to show less aggressive tendencies in their daily life. The study also found evidence of a positive correlation between individuals believing in free will, and exhibiting behaviors characterized by helpfulness. Baumeister, Masicampo, and their team attempted to develop possible explanations for the link between free will, helpfulness, and less aggressive behavior amongst humans, but this concept still has many gray areas. All of the reasons why this technique is successful are not readily known at this point in time, but basically- if you believe you can make a positive difference in the world, then you are more likely to be less aggressive, and be more willing to help your fellow man. And isn’t that what we all want? The world could use a little less aggression.


2.    Taking a Music Class

tumblr_mfc4vcTC0e1revfw4o1_500.gif

It sounds fun, and it could prevent you from a heart attack brought on by excessive aggression. A research study conducted by Ae-Na Choi, Myeong Soo Lee, and Jung-Sook Lee suggests that taking a structured, recreational music class could lower one’s aggressive tendencies overtime. The researchers randomly placed highly aggressive participants into two groups. One group was enrolled in a 50-minute music course twice a week for 15 consecutive weeks. The other group of excessively aggressive participants were given no change in their weekly routines. The participants involved with the music class were found to show less aggressive traits, and furthermore, were rated to exhibit higher levels of self-esteem. This is quite a welcomed change considering the group with no alteration in routine displayed no adjustment in aggression or self-esteem levels. Picking up a new musical hobby just might melt away your aggressive impulses.  Groovy.   


3. Watching Less Violent TV

giphy.gif

It was thought for a while that watching violent television or playing violent video games could be a good way to "blow off steam," and actually reduce aggression. However, lots of social psychological research has indicated that the opposite is true. For example, a longitudinal study, administered by Leonard D. Eron, looked at aggression in both males and females at the age of 8 and then 10 years later. Eron and other researchers suggest that aggression can be increased--especially in children--by watching violent television. Eron suggests the way in which television is being viewed at an early age could potentially change views of aggression later on in life. This means that having a guardian to watch TV with a child and telling them what they are watching is fiction, will help the child to distinguish reality and perhaps not reenact what they view in their real lives.   

4. Drinking Less Alcohol… Partaking in Reefer?

agDdm8d.gif

Do you ever find that you do things that "aren't you" when you drink? A meta-analysis of 30 different studies showed how alcohol consumption can increase aggression. The different studies are straightforward in illustrating the fact that alcohol has been linked to various forms of aggressive behavior such as verbal instances and direct physical contact. What is interesting about the findings from these various studies is that: in one experiment in particular, the researchers gave one group marijuana and supplied another group with alcohol. After the respective effects of the substances had come to fruition- The researchers then measured participant behavior in conjunction with typical aggressive tendencies. The results saw less aggression within the marijuana group as compared to their alcohol counterparts. The results also showed evidence that alcohol has a negative, aggressive effect on individuals regardless of gender. Interesting.  “So are you cool man?”  


5. Counting to Ten


giphy.gif

Often aggressive behavior is impulsive and not well thought through.  People will recommend counting to ten before responding to an insult or negative comment.  One study, at SUNY Albany, found that counting to ten can help reduce aggression; however, it only works if that time helps participants identify negative consequences of being aggressive.  Participants who were not exposed to consequences became more aggressive after a delay in their responses to the negative stimuli.  It can be possible to calm down with techniques as simple as this!


6.  Trying Yoga or other Mindfulness Practices

giphy.gif
Along the same lines as pausing before making a reactive decision, one study showed that certain mindfulness activities can reduce aggression.  One study compared an 8-week yoga course to a control group who exercised moderately and took a management class.  Not only did the Yoga group have reduced aggression, but they also displayed lower instances of counterproductive workplace behavior that the management course sought to erase.  Trying Yoga or another mindfulness technique can be a great way to reduce aggression - and a cheap one too!  Dozens of free or cheap applications can help you build a yoga habit and learn techniques, as well as free videos on youtube.  Also, Yoga classes are taught at many local gyms - though gym memberships and class fees can be a bit more expensive.  Namaste!

8 comments:

  1. ARE YOU AWARE THAT MODERN NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINES OF THIS GENERATION NOW PERMANENTLY CURE DRUG RESISTANT DISEASES LIKE; HSV/HERPES, CANCERS, HIV/AIDS, ERECTILE DISJUNCTION/ IMPOTENCY, DIABETES FOREVER WITHOUT A POSSIBLE COME BACK OR AFTER EFFECTS?
    It wonderfully worked for me;
    At first I was a bit skeptical about this Natural cure for herpes and other similar medicines. Discovering people with similar symptoms who are treated and cured by Dr Utu both on medias and in social medias on daily basis motivated me, so I contacted him for help!
    At first, I was a bit curious about this possible cure, but! I don't want to be left out without giving it a trial, so I contacted him as well.
    Some hours later he replied me, then he asked me some private questions, of which I honestly answered, I told him how I have lived and suffered with this disease and how much I will do anything to get rid of it. He assured me of total cure after taking his herbal medicines. It was even more easier than I expected. Also I never even imagined to get my parcels within five working days, but to my greatest surprise my parcels was brought to my doorstep by the end of the second day. I collected the parcel which I followed all the instructions as he had directed. Just as I was told "four weeks medication " my medicine finished in four weeks exactly. From week one of my medication I started noticing positive change in health. and in week two I could tell much more differences and I was so eager to even testify of life again in me.
    I patiently continue medication till the last bottle which was then week four. I was the first person the next day in the clinic for lab test. Not even a particle of herpes was found in my system when I collected my result. Knowing I'm now herpes negative at this point I proceeded to inform my doctor, he doubted me, that day he gave me a month appointment to be closely monitored. It's my health so I waited more six Months and again i went for 'lab test' in a different clinical lab.
    This time the result was still the same as the previous one. Also since this year I have been living my normal life and am still herpes free no symptoms and even till now no cold sore or outbreak. As a result of this herbal cure in my life and my family at large, I can boast of doctors today who through me, now uses African Traditional Roots and Herbs to TREAT AND CURE patients that are, CANCERS, HERPES, PARALYSIS, and HIV successfully today. Many are still ignorant of this I know.
    Contact Dr Utu directly today on; "drutuherbalcure@gmail.com" to free yourself from emotional stress and become healthy again

    ReplyDelete
  2.  I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been battling this Herpes disease for almost 3 year now....I tried all possible means to get cure from my Herpes Disease but all to me in vain until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor  DR ISIRAMEN who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes Disease, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try...when i contact DR ISIRAMEN via his email drisiramenherbalhome05@gmail.com write him and reply me explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 3/4 working days through DHL Delivery and I took it according to the way DR ISIRAMEN instructed, I was so happy after 2 week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative...Herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist DR ISIRAMEN to get rid of these Herpes Virus forever his whatsapp number +2348054753640

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I want to complement this page administrator for creating this platform for us to express our feelings. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine from DR. ISHIAKU the greatest herbalist doctor in the world and is only few American doctors that know about this herbal medicine from Dr ISHIAKU .. I have read about Dr ISHIAKU the great herbalist doctor from African who can cure disease with his powerful herbal medicine. for the people suffering from the following diseases, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Cancer, Also, Hepatitis, Diabetes, Hpv, Infections ETC should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes. Although, i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine through DHL courier delivery company which i took for some days and today when i went for test, i was tested herpes negative. you can reach him through his email: ishiakuherbalcure@gmail.com WhatsApp him at +2348180828544  

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr Ishiaku herbal medicine is mighty and genuine,I use  Melissa oil
    and Lavender Healing herbs but result were just still the same.But using
    Doctor Ishiaku herbal medicine cured my herpes final and I have being
    living for 2 years now No Sores.My herpes is truly gone.Contact him if you
    interested of his herbal medicine and he as well cure the
    following....HIV...HERPES,,COPD..FIBROID..ASTHMA..DIABETES..SICKLE
    CELL...ALS..EPILEPSY,,HEPATITIS...CANCER...LOVE SPELL ...
    ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com.......ishiakuherbalcure@gmail.com Or Whats-app
     +2348180828544

    http://www.facebook.com/Dr-Ishiaku-herbal-home-103704578310470

    ReplyDelete
  7. “I read these posts and wished to share my experience using natural herbal medicine and a lifestyle change.

    As an ICU nurse with an amazing 38years old career, I know what a medical miracle is. For no reason, I have never liked herbal medicines until I witnessed a confirmed HIV positive patient test result reversed to HIV negative after conducting more tests on him which all came back HIV negative.

    Many experts who saw the test results gave different suggestions to their best understanding and why it was possible or impossible. But to me, it was nothing more than a medical miracle.

    I scrutinized him and found out he has been cured with herbal medicine which a physician have prepared for him.

    I also suffered from GENITAL HERPES back then which was the primary reason that has made me remain single and my biggest secret that has made me understand life in the best way I should.

    Through this abovementioned person who had been cured of HIV, I contacted this physician who permanently cured me GENITAL HERPES with herbal medicine and also cured a PSORIASIS patient with herbal medicine through me, and in all these tribulations and recovery phases, we overcame.

    The good message is that this physician is available on:
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I know a herbal doctor who can help you get rid of your disease permanently. He also helps me get rid of mine. I really appreciate him for saving my life. You can contact the herbal doctor for help, here is email (Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com ) or WhatsApp +2349021374574 I wish you good health.

    ReplyDelete